General Adoption Information
- The Complete Adoption Book: Everything You Need to Know to Adopt a Child, 3rd Ed . - The Complete Adoption Book, written by Raymond W. Godwin and his wife, Laura, is a step-by-step guide and adoption reference book that includes information on how to begin the domestic or international adoption process, expenses associated with adoption, preparing a home study, being matched with a birth mother, and how to prepare for bringing your child home.
- Evan B. Donaldson Adoption Institute - As a nonprofit organization, the Donaldson Adoption Instituted researches adoption law and provides educational resources for couples considering adoption.
- North American Council on Adoptable Children - The NACAC provides advocacy services, educational resources, and general adoption support for couples living in the United States and Canada who are waiting to adopt children.
- Carolina Hope Christian Adoption Agency - Carolina Hope, an international adoption agency and home study facilitator, offers monthly adoption workshops, webinars on the home study process, and general information on the international adoption process.
- 2014 Tax Credit Information
To learn more, visit www.billstaxservice.com
To speak to an adoption Tax Credit Specialist call us at 1-800-7ADOPT0 or at 612-532-7223, or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Federal Tax Adoption Credit - Topic 607 -Topic 607 of the IRS provides a federal tax credit applicable toward court costs, attorney's fees, and other qualifying expenses paid during the adoption process.
- Taxpayer Identification Number for Pending Adoptions - Form W-7a - Form W-7a is an application to obtain a Taxpayer Identification Number to claim your child as a dependant if his or her Social Security Number is unavailable during the adoption process.
- SC Reimbursement for Special Needs Adoptions - The SC Department of Social Services offers an expense reimbursement for certain "nonrecurring expenses" associated with the adoption of a child with special needs.
- Child of the King Fund - Founded by adoptive couples, Child of the King is an adoption fund that provides financial support for couples seeking to adopt.
- Caroline's Promise - Caroline's Promise offers financial assistance to adoptive families in North and South Carolina.
- Pathways for Little Feet - Pathways for Little Feet provides interest-free loans to assist families with their adoption expenses.
- Gift of Adoption Fund - A national charitable organization that supports adoption by providing grants to qualified parents who are in the middle of an adoption and need help finishing.
- God's Grace Adoption Ministry - a non-profit organization that helps adoptive families by assisting in adoption fundraising or with adoption grants.
- National Adoption Foundation - established by adoptive parents, the organization provides financial support, information, and services directly to adoptive families.
- Shaohannah's Hope - Seeks to provide families for orphans by helping adoptive families through adoption grants, offering a fundraising opportunity (selling Shirts of Hope) and engaging churches.
The Micah Fund was started to help facilitate the adoption of minority children whose birthparents desired to voluntarily release them in adoption. The fund provides financial assistance for qualified adoptive parents in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa and Wisconsin.
Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD)
- Attachment.org - Families by Design is a parenting website based on the research and expertise of Nancy Thomas, an adoptive mother and specialist in attachment disorders.
- Mayo Clinic - As a non-profit medical center, the Mayo Clinic specializes in providing health information to the public, contributing to the advancement of medical research, and diagnosing and treating hard-to-cure illnesses.
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychology - The AACAP is a non-profit organization composed of medical professionals devoted to researching and treating psychological disorders in children and young adults.
- American Academy of Pediatrics is an organization comprised of more than 60,000 pediatricians dedicated to children's health.
- Medine Plus is an online health resource organization sponsored by government health organizations and other health agencies.
Legal Research Services
- U.S. Courts - The U.S. Court System website provides an explanation of the court system, breaking courtroom news, national laws and policies, and a search database for a courtroom closest to you.
- FindLaw - FindLaw provides legal information, research databases, and a lawyer directory for legal professionals and consumers.
- Thomson West - Thomson West provides legal information, online research services, and legal software for legal professionals.
- Westlaw - Westlaw is a legal research database used predominantly by legal professionals.
- Immigration Services of South Carolina - The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website has online case filing, immigration forms, and includes the latest news and policies from the Hague Adoption Convention.
- FirstGov - FirstGov is the Government's official site and offers information on many subjects including grants, education, employment, and citizenship.
- Library of Congress - As the largest library in the world, the Library of Congress provides information resources for Congress and the American Public.
- U.S. House of Representatives - The U.S. House of Representatives website provides a listing of state representatives, current bills and debates, and information about upcoming legislature.
- U.S. Senate - The U.S. Senate website includes a history of the senate chamber, a listing of state senators, and statistics on members of the senate.
- White House - The White House provides information on cabinet members, releases breaking news, and states policies on national and international affairs, including adoptions.